We specialise in protecting your employeeswho work at height
A2M Safety Limited
It’s vital for businesses to protect employees who work above or below ground. Falls from height are a significant cause of death and serious injury in the workplace. If you have employees whose occupation involves working at height, you’ll need to ensure that you protect them.
A2M have worked in height safety for over a decade to provide the design, installation and maintenance of fall arrest systems, eyebolts, access ladders and free standing handrails. We look after every aspect of safety at height, including installation, design and maintenance of permanent access and safety systems in every type of workplace.
A2M utilise Latchways products to ensure that your business complies with all relevant legislation. Make working at height work for you with A2M.
A2M employees are fully trained by Latchways and are competent IRATA rope access technicians. When working on your site or building you can feel confident in the knowledge that in the unlikely event a fall occurs A2M can quickly and safely rescue the fallen operative without assistance from additional emergency services.
A2M Safety are proud to be the installers of the cable system at ‘Up At The 02’ Tickets for the attraction can be found at: https://tickets.aegeurope.com/upattheo2/climbs.html
Horizontal Cable Systems
For roofs and all structures at height, A2M provide Latchways’ Mansafe systems, incorporating the Constant Force post. This is a straightforward but very versatile system, ideal for looking after your workforce as they do maintenance, cleaning, access and inspection.
Latchways ManSafe systems provide the total solution for all horizontal safety at height industrial applications. The system’s versatility and ease of use makes it ideal for protecting workers as they go about day to day activities such as maintenance, cleaning, access and inspection.
- Systems can be designed for up to five simultaneous users.
- Fixes to virtually all types of structure and roofing system.
- Follows the contours of the building by going around bends and up and down inclines.
- Can be extended to include vertical sections.
- The unique Latchways Transfastener allows workers to travel the full length of the system without having to detach and re-attach.
- Normally incorporates the unique Latchways Constant Force Post for assured fall arrest protection and simplified installation.
- Where the Constant Force post is not applicable, in-line shock absorbers or a Constant Force energy absorber can be incorporated for equal safety assurance.
- Meets all appropriate international standards.
You may also wish to consider a designated walkway. Latchways’ WalkSafe provides a level anti-slip surface, and does not damage the integrity of the roof or compromise the guarantee.
VersiRail is a freestanding or fixed guardrail system offering collective fall protection and can be used for:
- protection against falls from height,
- access protection,
- perimeter protection,
- marking out walkways.
VersiRail is superior to its competitors not only in its appearance, weight, ease of installation but also the quality of its engineering. To complement the quality product range, A2M ensures the level of customer service they provide is second to none and go one step further by offering a bespoke free system design service to ensure you are able to make the most of VersiRail’s unique characteristics.
VersiRail is primarily a practical solution providing collective fall protection but, due to its attractiveness and quality finish, can also be viewed as an architectural feature on a building.
VersiRail is offered in:
- Four style options (curved, inclined, straight and folding (freestanding only))
- Four fixing options (Slab mounting plate, wall mounting plate, Z-Type mounting plate, parapet mounting plate)
- Three finishes (natural, polished or powder coated to a RAL colour) ensuring you can tailor the system to match your requirements and surroundings.
Latchways ManSafe vertical systems are ideal for use on towers, masts, monopoles, lattice structures and silos. Mansafe is built for flexibility and enables a system to closely follow the contours of the vertical structure. Horizontal and inclined sections can be included where appropriate.
As with all Latchways’ products, components are made of quality materials to withstand the harshest environmental conditions. The system is safe for usage in all sorts of environmental conditions.
Equally, the proven effectiveness of the system’s LadderLatch unit with its unique Latchways starwheel component provides workers with the security of being constantly attached to the system while also having both hands free to go about their duties. If a worker should fall from the system, the LadderLatch unit immediately locks onto the system cable and arrests the fall.
In the event of a fall, a worker attached to a ManSafe for Ladders system is far less likely to be injured during the fall arrest process compared to a fall from a traditional hoop system. Whereas hoop systems prevent a worker falling backwards off a ladder, the hoops themselves present a significant threat if the worker should fall down a ladder.
- Can be fitted to follow the contours of the structure.
- Suitable for retrofitting or as part of a new build.
- The whole system is unobtrusive and lightweight.
- Operation is not affected by snow, ice or adverse weather conditions.
- Can be installed for use in virtually all environments.
- Can be integrated into a comprehensive system incorporating vertical, inclined and horizontal sections.
- Will support up to four workers on a single line.
- The LadderLatch starwheel unit rotates freely through the intermediate cable guides to give the user continuous hands-free protection.
- In the event of a fall, the LadderLatch starwheel locks onto the cable and arrests the fall.
- Energy absorbers built into the system protect the end anchors from excessive loads should a fall from the system occur.
- The LadderLatch unit can be attached or detached at any point in the system.
- ManSafe for Ladders is easy to install and maintain.
- Comprehensive range of specialist components to enable installation on a wide variety of ladders and towers.
- Meets all appropriate international standards.
A2M are proud to supply ManSafe overhead systems that combine Latchways’ unique knowledge of fall arrest load control with innovative Constant Force technology in a solution that is flexible to use, strong, durable and easy to install. Workers attached to the ManSafe system have maximum accessibility and hands-free mobility to safely go about their duties.
With a ManSafe overhead system the Constant Force technology is housed in an in-line energy absorber. Should a worker fall whilst connected to the system, the Transfastener will immediately lock on the cable. The fall is arrested whilst the Constant Force energy absorber controls the load on the system.
This means that:
- Load is limited to a maximum of 18 kN, whether one, two or three workers fall.
- The Constant Force energy absorber has a safety factor of 2:
- Working deployment of 18 kN, design deployment of 36 kN.
- ManSafe system cable is made from 1 x 19 stainless steel and has a breaking strain of over 45 kN, without stretching.
- The system cable can be tensioned to 5 kN to eliminate sag and any whiplash effect if a worker falls.
- Single spans of up to 60 m can be accommodated, reducing the number of ‘T’ bars and anchoring points within the system.
- Constant Force systems are quicker, easier and less costly to install than ‘I’ beam systems.
- ManSafe systems can easily accommodate changes of direction.
- Tested to BS EN 795.
- The overhead device has been certified by SATRA and conforms to BS EN 362:1992.
People need to get onto their roofs. It’s our job to make roof access as safe as possible. We supply Latchways’ WalkSafe, the level anti-slip surface which is a demarcation route for workers’ movements, preventing fall hazards.
WalkSafe is manufactured from recycled PVCu, with an anti-slip surface attached to the rooftop. WalkSafe works on all major roof systems: standing-seam, composite, built-up-on-site, secret-fix and single ply membrane.
We’ll be glad to quote bespoke WalkSafe solutions for unusual or less common roof materials.
WalkSafe is manufactured from recycled PVCu and is designed to provide a levelled, anti-slip, delineated walkway surface which affixes to the roofing system.
WalkSafe can provide a demarcation route which guides a workers movement in areas where there are potential fall hazards, whilst eliminating wear and tear on the roofing systems in heavily trafficked areas.
Your people. Your responsibility. And you’re liable!
So what can you do about it?
A2M can offer on-site height safety training. Our trainer has been helping people climb in the safest manner possible for over a decade. We’ll ensure that your business complies with all of the very latest legislatory requirements.
Courses that we can offer include:
- Awareness – Safe Working at Heights
- Safe Working at Heights Training Course
- Ladder Safety Training Course
- Safe Working at Heights Training Course – Toolbox Talk
- Competent Person (Harness & Lanyard Inspection)
- Rescue & Evacuation from Height
A2M are trained to service Latchways, Protecta, Sala and Ridgegear.
Under the PPE regulations equipment must be inspected before each and every occasion of use. Equipment must also be inspected/serviced by competent authorised personnel at least annually. This does not apply to suspension equipment which is bi-annual under LOLER regulations.
The frequency of use of the equipment and environment must also be considered so more regular inspections and servicing may be required.
- Regular servicing
We can also provide testing and maintenance services. Inspection & Testing is required under EN365 (European Norm) at least once a year, to maintain system certification. A2M will carry out system checks such as deployment of shock absorbers, swage tests and torque checks as part of this process.
So don’t forget – installation and inspection are only the beginning. Come to A2M for a comprehensive service and maintenance offering for all your height safety systems.
The 1994 CDM (Construction, Design & Management) regulations established health and safety as a key factor in the construction and maintenance of buildings and structures.
When you can’t get access to buildings by traditional methods, such as scaffolding, or powered access, rope access provides flexibility and cost savings. Rope Access provides cost effectiveness, but also high security, with equipment being removed daily. Rope access can shorten maintenance schedules, with minimum disruption.
Some common uses for Rope Access include:
- Building Inspection
- Structural Surveys
- Structure Testing
- Various Maintenance and Repair, including
- Localised Concrete Repair
- Sealant Installation and Re-instatement
- Secondary Fixings
- Replacement Cladding and Glazing
- Cleaning and Painting
- Jet spray, grit blasting and three-tool method
- Spray Painting
- Rollerbrush Painting
- Full surface Preparation
- Facilities Management Building Services
- General Window Cleaning
- Repair Fitting & Maintenance
- Pest Control
- Banner and Sign Erection
- Gutter cleaning
- Geotechnical/Civil Engineering
- Permanent Rock Anchorage
- Soil Nailing
- Sprayed Concrete
- Rockfall Prevention Meshing
- Pressure Pointing
For your peace of mind, our rope access engineers are qualified under IRATA, the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association.
PPE Eyebolts / Latchways Pushlock
Latchways’ PushLock and SafeRing are typically used where access from inside a building is needed to carry out external work, such as for window cleaning and maintenance. Both provide an internal fixed anchor to which a worker can confidently attach a safety harness and lanyard while going about his or her duties. Each system is made to quality standards for assured fall protection and has also been designed with consideration for aesthetic appeal to integrate harmoniously with the interior décor.
The Latchways PushLock safety eyebolt provides a discreet yet highly effective alternative to unsightly conventional eyebolts.
While conventional eyebolts meet the safety need, their lack of aesthetic consideration can impair the visual characteristics of the office, hotel or housing environment in which they are installed. The pleasing design and assured safety of the Latchways PushLock overcomes the problem.
SafeRing provides an aesthetically pleasing and inherently strong permanent alternative to conventional eyebolts as single point anchorages. It can be installed for use in aggressive external environments, internal locations such as office, industrial and commercial buildings, and can also be supplied with concealed access boxes for use in conjunction with raised access flooring.
SafeRing is available in a range of different finishes including galvanised steel, stainless steel, white nylon coated and special RAL colours to order.
A2M Safety install on site and test in accordance with BS7883.
We can supply and install bird netting in a number of sizes to assist you with pest control. We can give advice on the correct type of bird net installations dependant on the size of the property and the bird.