A2M are proud to supply ManSafe overhead systems that combine Latchways’ unique knowledge of fall arrest load control with innovative Constant Force technology in a solution that is flexible to use, strong, durable and easy to install. Workers attached to the ManSafe system have maximum accessibility and hands-free mobility to safely go about their duties.
With a ManSafe overhead system the Constant Force technology is housed in an in-line energy absorber. Should a worker fall whilst connected to the system, the Transfastener will immediately lock on the cable. The fall is arrested whilst the Constant Force energy absorber controls the load on the system.
This means that:
- Load is limited to a maximum of 18 kN, whether one, two or three workers fall.
- The Constant Force energy absorber has a safety factor of 2:
- Working deployment of 18 kN, design deployment of 36 kN.
- ManSafe system cable is made from 1 x 19 stainless steel and has a breaking strain of over 45 kN, without stretching.
- The system cable can be tensioned to 5 kN to eliminate sag and any whiplash effect if a worker falls.
- Single spans of up to 60 m can be accommodated, reducing the number of ‘T’ bars and anchoring points within the system.
- Constant Force systems are quicker, easier and less costly to install than ‘I’ beam systems.
- ManSafe systems can easily accommodate changes of direction.
- Tested to BS EN 795.
- The overhead device has been certified by SATRA and conforms to BS EN 362:1992.